Friday, February 29, 2008

and they're off....


and they're off.... or really, and I'm off. start a blog or don't start a blog, will i keep up with it or will it fall by the wayside. what do I have to say; well, i always open my mouth so there must be something.

I'm calling this blog "photography and other things" The "other things" part is important because I don't know that I have ever stayed on one topic for long enough to get board so there is almost always some jumpin' around. the blog could be called "the random thoughts of an unorganized mind" and probably be just as accurate. hey, how is that for a sales pitch - come into my unorganized mind and read my random thoughts. that's about like inviting a parent into a teenage boys room - one heck of a mess and no desire to be there. oh well, have to see what happens.

this photo was taken at the J Strom Thurmond Dam on the border of Georgia and South Carolina just this week (i try to stay current, ya know) I have a whole bunch of photos of my drive north from Dataw Island, SC to Chicago in my other blog with amy - www.boylejillsonphotographyltd/blogspot.com For this blog, I am going to be more random, like -

I am going to be playing with this photo for a while. I saw the shot in black and white but the colors are subdued enough that it already almost reads as a black and white. We shall see. architectural landscape photography seems to be what I gravitate to when given a chance. the hard and the soft balanced together in a tight composition - not that I give it any thought.

No comments: